In an effort to improve security for patrons of Princeton ISD events, the district has adopted a clear bag policy. This is similar to what several surrounding districts have had in place. The full policy is below, but you can click here for a PDF copy of the policy.
To clarify, this policy is in effect for events outside of the normal school day. This will apply to sporting events at the stadiums and gyms. This is not a clear backpack policy for students at school.
Along with the clear bag policy, outside food or drink will be prohibited at these events.
Princeton ISD Clear Bag Policy
Starting with the 2022-23 school year, Princeton ISD is implementing a clear bag policy to ensure guest safety and quicker entry into all Princeton ISD athletic events.
Student groups such as bands, cheerleaders, drill teams and trainers will be allowed to have bags if they enter with their groups at the appropriate entrances.
Approved items include:
- One clear plastic tote, not larger than 12” X 6” X 12”
- One clear resealable plastic storage bag, not larger than 1-gallon size
- One small “hand sized” clutch purse, not larger than 4.5” X 6.5”
Note: Seat cushions are permitted.
Prohibited items include:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Diaper bags
- Backpacks, briefcases, computer bags
- Fanny packs, cinch bags, binocular bags, camera bags
- Any bag larger than the permissible size
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did Princeton ISD adopt this policy?
The district’s public safety and stadium security policies are reviewed and updated each year. This policy has been adopted to ensure the safety and security of Princeton ISD students, staff, families and visitors at our stadiums.
Are other events and stadiums limiting bags as well?
Yes. Most stadiums in surrounding districts utilize some type of bag policy that provides an additional level of safety for fans.
How does the policy improve public safety?
The clear bag is easily and quickly scanned for dangerous items that will be prevented from entering the stadiums.
Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
No. We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the stadium, not items that you normally would bring to a game. Therefore, you can carry items such as keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc. in your pockets, if you choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch. You can use the clear bag and clutch to carry other items. You will continue to have the flexibility to bring a wide variety of approved items into the stadium.
Can fans carry a small clutch and a gallon sized resealable bag into the stadium?
Yes, the quart and/or gallon sized resealable bag allows fans to carry various needed items, and the small clutch allows privacy for small personal items.
Can fans carry cameras, binoculars or smart phones separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. Binoculars or a phone or camera can be carried into the stadium so long as it is not in its own bag. There is not a restriction on these items. It is only a restriction on the type of container used to carry items.
What about items needed for babies/children?
A baby carrier, detachable infant car seat or stroller is permitted in the stadium if it is accompanying an infant/small child and there’s not an attached bag. Other items needed for a baby or small child may be carried in clear gallon-size resealable bags.
If I have special medical equipment I need to have with me at all times, where do I put that?
Medically necessary items are permitted. Medications and small devices can be carried in a clear resealable bag.
What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
Fans will be able to bring blankets by tossing them loosely over a shoulder or arm.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be asked to return the bag to their vehicle.
Princeton ISD Stadium Rules:
The following rules are in effect at Princeton ISD stadiums:
- Spectators may not enter the stadium with any bag that does not comply with the district’s clear bag policy. Staff and security personnel, at their sole discretion, may determine what constitutes a prohibited bag.
- Permissible bags carried by spectators may be opened and inspected by security personnel or staff prior to entry into the stadium.
- Alcoholic beverages, outside food or drink items, tobacco products and weapons are prohibited.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without refund.
- Masks or appropriate cloth face covering must be worn inside the stadium when required by executive order, law or district policy.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others, The signs must conform to district policy and/or the Student Code of Conduct.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are not prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
- Elementary age children or younger must be accompanied by a parent.
- All patrons (kids and adults) need to exit the premises immediately following the end of the event